Thursday, October 23, 2008

Spending Time With Rocks


I'm nearing completion of a much bigger project in the yard than I expected. Our house was the first built in the neighborhood, and for years we had lots of dirt blow into our rock beds. Who knew removing the rocks, sifting out the dirt, and returning the rocks would be such a big project (apparently everyone but me). Now, after a few weeks, I'm almost done. With my work coming to a close......


I'd like to thank the Academy for giving me this opportunity. I'd like to thank my family for their support and encouragement. I'd like to thank the Dansie's for lending me their three-legged rock sifter, and all the neighbors who would walk by and ask what in the world I was doing. Oh no.....I promised myself I wouldn't cry. I must thank Logan Murphy who lent me his wheelbarrow, and later drove by with his window down and yelled "Just give up!" I'd like to thank my mother-in-law for the use of her leaf blower. Finally, I'd like to thank God for giving me the physical ability to complete this project, and for the fact that the project is almost done.

3 comments:

Dansie Family said...

and when you are done you can come over and do our yard. thanks.

Cory Reese said...

I can completely understand your logic in suggesting I come to do your yard next. It stands to reason that anyone foolish enough to do this project at his own house must be a few bricks short of a load and would probably do mindless projects anywhere.

I'll be there tomorrow.

Renee said...

Your done.Yeah! We din't even volunteer to hlep. We know from personal experience how sucky that was. It looks nice though.