Monday, August 3, 2009

Birthday Cake Bonanza

In all the craziness of the last few weeks I neglected to make a post about one of my favorite annual traditions: birthday cakes.

Kylee's birthday is July 8th. Danica's is two days later on July 10th. Jackson's is two days later on July 12th. So each year, Mel lets the kids pick what they would like for their birthday cake. And then she makes it! She rules.

We then spend the next two days begging family members to take some of the cake so as to prevent my children from having a sugar rush that would induce dancing on the ceiling (God bless Lionel Richie).

As depicted in the following photograph, Danica chose a Belle cake, Kylee chose a puppy cake (I know - I had a hard time figuring out how this was a puppy also), and Jackson chose a Mario cake.

I'd appreciate if you'd begin taking notes at this point. My birthday is in December. My preferences would be:
  • A Bruce Springsteen cake
  • A Glenn Beck cake
  • An Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite cake
  • A Scarlet Johansson cake
  • A Big Mac cake
  • I'd prefer to avoid a Lionel Richie cake

3 comments:

Jen said...

Your wife is Awesome with a capital A. If Alex had written this post, he would have had Lionel Richie cake yesterday. As it was, he got yogurt pie, which is actually his favorite.

Dansie Family said...

she is awesome! i wimped out this year on birthday cakes. eliza got plain old cake mix cupcakes and porter got a costco cake. maybe for james, i will make a good one, maybe a "bippy" aka sippy cake since that is what he is yelling at me right now.

Tink said...

Cute cakes! What a great mom to make them all their own cakes!