Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life Is A Verb

I must tell you about a fantastic book I just finished reading: Life Is A Verb by Patti Digh.




Click on the cover for a link to Amazon. The subtitle of the book is: 37 Days To Wake Up, Be Mindful, And Life Intentionally. I loved the daily suggestions, actions, and things to be more aware of. So many of them applied to me. Digh's stories are entertaining and just plain funny. Just a few tidbits I liked:
  • Use the fancy china. Being alive is the special occasion.
  • Everyday at lunch ask yourself "Am I becoming someone I respect?" If the answer is no, you still have the rest of the day to change it to yes by the actions you take or don't take.
  • Pick someone you see during the day and be an angel to them in some way. (Give a complement, feed a parking meter, go the extra mile.)
“Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” William James

No comments: