My (former) friend Luke talked me into joining him in a booth at Peach Days in Hurricane. He has a photography business and asked me to join him and sell CDs. The thought of hanging out in 100 degree heat for two long days didn't sound like my idea of a good time. But I gave into peer pressure. Bad - Cory! Bad!
Within a stone's throw you could find:
- A food stand selling fried Twinkies,
- A booth with a huge cage of hermit crabs,
- A hefty supply of people wearing either Nascar apparel or Wolf Howling At The Moon shirts.
- People ready and willing to give you an airbrush tatoo,
- And enough tie-dye to cover Boise.
I couldn't believe Luke talked me into this. I considered shanking him with a blunt toothbrush.
Fortunately for Luke I didn't have a toothbrush with me. I would have held him down and given him papercuts on his eyeballs. Fortunately for Luke he's much bigger than me. I would have dared him to put his tongue on a frozen flagpole. Fortunately for Luke it was 100 degrees outside.