I realized just how much we take water for granted in our country. There were some interesting stats:
- 2.5% of Earth's water is fresh. About 2/3 of that is frozen. That leaves less than 1% to grow crops and supply drinking water.
- Americans use about 100 gallons of water each day. Millions of the world's poorest subsist on less than 5 gallons.
- Women in developing countries walk an average of 3.7 MILES to get water.
- There is a picture of women in Kenya who spend 5 HOURS each day carrying heavy jugs to get their water.
- In Florida, 3,000 gallons are used to water the grass for each golf game played.