- Kids are good at: ruining plans to sleep in on Saturday morning.
- Kids are good at: preventing any private time. Even when you're in the bathroom.
- Kids are good at: destroying a freshly mopped floor. Clean floors seem to attract accidental spills of grape punch.
- Kids are good at: teaching patience. Potty training? Are you kidding me? Potty training a child would be sufficient torture for a prisoner of war. Every day that a parent can get through without a complete psychotic breakdown is a victory.
- Kids are good at: draining bank accounts. I can only imagine the fancy restaurants I could eat at if I didn't have three hungry baby birds at home to feed.
So happy birthday kids! (And I forgive you for waking me up early, spilling punch just a little too frequently, and helping me understand the phrase "Eating you out of house and home.")