Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Attitude Adjustment

I admire people who have the skill to remain cheerful and optimistic in the midst of struggles. Unlike most of us, these unique people don’t whine or complain how things aren’t fair.

So, here is my feeble attempt to change whining to gratitude:

This hideously boring paperwork is going to drive me to drink -----> I am thankful I have a job, even if it means doing hideously boring paperwork sometimes.

So help me, if there is one more temper tantrum this evening I will surely ram my head through the garage door -----> What an excellent opportunity I have to build my patience. (It is going to take A LOT of work to adopt this thought.)

I hope the blood-sucking owner of this grocery store can sleep at night when charging me $40 for two bags of groceries -----> For that price, these oranges must be scrumptious!

My knees are aching like someone accidentally dropped a computer desk on them -----> I’m able to get around, exercise, drive, and not depend on someone to wipe my bum.

My seasonal allergies couldn’t be worse if they tried -----> Remember? You thought that before and you were wrong. Be thankful your eyes are only matted shut in the morning instead of all day.

1 comment:

Jen said...

More happy thoughts: If paperwork drives you to drink, you'll get to have Mel drive you everywhere.

If you ram the garage door, hey, you'll get a new garage door.

If the grocery store owner is a blood-sucker, he doesn't sleep at all. He's a vampire.