Monday, May 11, 2009

Nice Eyes

I'm anxiously waiting for people to come up and tell me I have nice eyes.

Not because there's anything particularly attractive about my eyes. I'm waiting for the compliment, mainly because I still have eyes.

You see, it is remarkable that I have not scratched them out yet. The glorious seasonal allergies of southern Utah are reeking havoc with my body. My eyes feel like they are being scrubbed with sand paper and they water like crazy. Mel looked at me a few days ago and said "Are you okay? Why are you crying?" I sometimes look like I've been awake for six days and have a hangover.

I believe I've tried just about every allergy medication on the market, and currently my Allegra prescription doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I'll keep taking it though as I patiently wait for winter to arrive and my allergies to leave.

No comments: