Friday, October 23, 2009

CSI: Hurricane

My spouse loves the show CSI. I truly can not understand why. It's violent. The acting is horrific. The plot is amazingly predictible. Every terrible show is the same. But she likes them all. You name it: CSI New York, CSI Las Vegas, CSI Miami. She's a fan.

I have come up with some story lines if they ever want to do a show about my home town: CSI Hurricane, Utah.

Episode #1: Who stole Brother Hall's tractor?

Episode #2: Breaking up the fist fight at Walmart over the last can of food storage rice.

Episode #3: Man is taken to jail for wearing sandles over his socks.

Episode #4: Police respond to a disgruntled woman upset that the neighbor's roosters wake her up every morning.

Episode #5: A certain neighborhood petitions the court to increase the legal limit of yard art.

Episode #6: Did he actually PAY for THAT haircut? (The violator: the Mayor who is also the city barber.) (Disclaimer: I've never heard any complaints about the Mayor's haircuts. Please....please don't raise my taxes.)

So there you go. CSI.....you're welcome. Feel free to pass on any royalties. I'll need them to pay my tax increase.

Did I miss any episodes?

5 comments:

Jen said...

You know, many people get their hair cut by the mayor so that they can have an uninterrupted conversation with him. (That would be my dad's excuse when we can tell he didn't cut his own hair with the clippers again.)

Cory Reese said...

To the mayor's credit, I think he does make himself very accessible and he is very involved in the community.

Matt Anderson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt Anderson said...

Cory-
This is not a comment concerning CSI, but I after reading your BIO I must tell your avid readers the truth. Your BIO claims that you have two dogs and one is named Dwight. You can no claim to have a cool dog named Dwight. I know it makes you seem cool because you named your dog after a character on the hit series the Office, but once you sent Dwight on a permanent mission to SLC you lost the right to claim you have a dog named DWIGHT!!!

Cory Reese said...

Matt - thanks for the reminder. I have never been so happy to make a change on the bio! We are thrilled that Dwight went on a mission.