Monday, October 5, 2009

Injury At The Reese House

You shouldn't laugh at people when they get hurt. No matter how funny the injury was, it is just plain rude to laugh at someone who just got hurt. Mel's sister and brother-in-law don't practice this Golden Rule EVER. It's always hilarious when someone else gets hurt. But when an injury befalls them, they throw a temper tantrum if someone even cracks a smile.

It's simply not in my personality to laugh at someone who is suffering. Except for last week.

Mel was in the kitchen and I heard her yell in pain. Then she came into the bedroom crying, huge tears rolling down her face. I was concerned and felt bad, but had no idea what happened. Finally her crying subsided long enough to tell me the cause of her injury........she shut her nose in the cupboard.

I tried with every fiber of my being to keep a straight face. "Quick, Cory! Think of something sad! You're dog just got hit by a car! They need to amputate your wee-wee-wee-all-the-way-home toe! Hostess went out of business!" I gave all I had, but eventually a smirk crawled across my face. Then, without any warning, I burst into laughter.

Even with her red nose and teardrops, I couldn't help myself. Cognitively I couldn't understand how an injury like that could happen. It simply does not make sense. She tried to explain it to me but I'm still unable to wrap my brain around how that kind of brutality is possible.

I'm thinking I will affix this sign to our cupboard. At least then maybe next time this injury occurs, Mel can say she did it on purpose.

1 comment:

Tink said...

Oh......I laughed! I'm sorry Mel! I tried not to too! But I am still laughing!