Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

I was reading some comments on a "running website" that brought an instant smile to my face. They were talking about guilty pleasures - the things we love to eat even though we really know we shouldn't. My guilty pleasures are:
  • Peanut butter cookies from Maverik.
  • Hostess crumb donuts.
  • Diet Mountain Dew
  • Pumpkin pie
  • Sugar Puffs / Frosted Flakes / Cocoa Pebbles
Usually I have a moderate degree of self-control. But if I had my choice, these are the only foods that would be on the food guide pyramid. Fruits and vegetables are for hippies.

The other comments I read were so funny. Jeff said: "Easter may not be good for the waist line. Fortunately Peeps are mostly air, right?"

Then Amy said "They are air....stick them in the microwave and watch 'em!! Not air = chocolate bars, pb/chocolate eggs" etc.



And Mike said "Had to have my wife talk me down from getting a Big Mac, and extra large fries on the way home from work tonight. I really, really, really, really(not enough really's here) wanted those fries."

Mike may be my long-lost twin.

No comments: