Friday, April 10, 2009

100,000 Miles

My car added another digit to the odometer and reached the epic 100,000 miles Wednesday night.

Let me tell you something: I love my car. Love it. We bought the 2001 Mitsubishi Mirage when it was only a year or two old and had around 10k miles. It had a salvage title and we got it for a few thousand dollars. Aside from the occasional oil change, I haven't had to repair or fix anything in those 100,000 miles.

It's not the most fancy or hip car. Most of my friends have nicer rides. I don't care. The cloth seats trap the smell of fast food for a few days enabling me to play "Name That Scent" for up to a week after McDonald's. I don't care. My wife has backed into it at least 4 times that I know of (4 TIMES! And that's just the number of times she has confessed.) Therefore it has a few small dents and dings. I don't care. It's comfortable and gets good gas mileage. I care.

I hope the car goes strong for another 100,000 miles. Smelling 1200 calories from McDonald's is almost as good as eating them. I don't want to ever lose that.

No comments: