Thursday, April 30, 2009

Old People Are SLOW

My dad had a saying that would assuredly pop out of his mouth if us kids were lally-gagging around. If things weren't happening as fast as they should, he'd bust out with

"Grandma's slow...but she's old." We easily caught the emphasis that we had no excuse to be lally-gagging.

Then I got my driver's license. Being on the roads I realized the deep, profound truth of dad's saying. Old people really are slow. In no other arena is my patience tested more than on the freeway.

I'll have had a long day at work. I'm tired. I just want to get home. I've got 20 minutes of freeway ahead of me. Then I see some punk driving an Oldsmobile going 47 miles per hour IN THE FAST LANE! When I finally speed past them ("aka going the speed limit!), there is inevitably a sweet senior citizen casually cruising down the highway.

I understand that grandmas and grandpas are slow. Because they're old. It would make me much happier though if they weren't being slow in the fast lane.

No comments: