Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Vanishing Act

I'm a little embarrassed to share the following picture with you:

This is documentation of what has transpired over the last few days. This nearly empty pie tin WAS a Costco pumpkin pie. And do you want to know why I feel a little bit sheepish?

I'll tell you: Not one solitary soul ate another piece of that pie besides me. NOT ONE. And it only took me a few days to polish it off. I'm drooling whipped cream. Ahhh, the sweet caloric goodness of autumn.

In case you haven't had the pleasure of indulging in a Costco pumpkin pie, let me tell you something: these pies are big enough to feed a small country. You can see from the picture that this piece of heaven dwarfs our 4-slice toaster.

Mel noticed the empty tin and bought me another pie yesterday. It is reasonable to expect that my blood stream is turning orange.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hello, My name is Jen, and I too am a pie-a-holic.

Tink said...

Costco's pumpkin pie IS the best ever! Jon and I bought one and the two of us polished it off in two days! I was also ashamed. So I haven't allowed myself to buy another one. But evertime I seem them I drool! SO GOOD! You're wife is awesome to buy another one!

Dansie Family said...

and yet you are not grotesquely obese. go figure.

Unknown said...

pie power, buddy. pie power!