Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Snuggies Make Me Angry

Snuggies make me angry. There. I said it. I can't get away from this commercial. It follows me any time I turn on the television.



There are so many highly disturbing things about this video:
  • The poor dog who becomes a victim of animal cruelty.
  • The guy who was raising the roof about his Snuggie. Raising. The. Roof. My soul wept.
  • Really? People wear Snuggies to the movie theater? Or a sporting event? Admittedly, I don't have much room to talk after what I wore in public.
  • Is this family in a cult?
  • Wait. Hold on a second. The dog was reading. Can you imagine the pre-production meeting? Who was the marketing guru who said "You know the shot of the dog? Let's have him reading!" And worse, which people said "Yea, that sounds like a pretty good idea!"
  • Um, why does the dog need a Snuggie? God gave dogs fur so they wouldn't have to wear a Snuggie.
  • Alright, you make the dog wear a Snuggie. Then you make the dog look like it's reading. But are the glasses necessary? Now that's just wrong.
  • Please explain why that guy is so unusually happy because of his Snuggie. Are they marketing Snuggies as an anti-depressant?
  • Apparently wearing a Snuggie makes you want to dance and bump your rump with your wife's rump.

No comments: