Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Book Recommendations

I love to read. I've usually got three or four books going at a time. Me and the library are best friends. We hang out a lot. Here is a list of a few good books I've read lately. (Click cover for a link to Amazon)
The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch - I loved Randy's care-free, optimistic, happy attitude despite the knowledge that he would be dying soon. The story about dumping a can of Coke on the seat of his new car was my favorite.

The Anatomy Of Peace by The Arbinger Institute - This book completely flipped the way I look at myself and others. The ideas here are unique and life-changing. The lessons are weaved through the story about some parents who take their son to a wilderness treatment facility. This is definitely a must-read.


The Tipping Point, Blink, and Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell - Gladwell is all the craze in the reading world right now. I found The Tipping Point fascinating because it talks in part about marketing which I have a connection with through the music arena. Blink was probably my favorite of his, and talks about how we process thoughts and feelings. I'm jealous of his crazy, out of control hair.



Making Peace With The Image In The Mirror by Steven R. Hawks - I saw this book recommended from another friend's blog and put it on reserve at the library. I've since renewed it a few times. Working as a therapist, I've read a ton of books about self-esteem and this one is near (or at) the top. It's an easy read with excellent perspectives.

What good books have you read lately?

No comments: