Monday, February 16, 2009

Time Warp In Vegas

Mel and I went down to Las Vegas this weekend with her sister and brother-in-law. We went and saw a tribute concert to The Beatles and stayed in a luxurious room at the Excalibur (I'm laying on the sarcasm about the "luxurious" part).

Between snacks on the way to Vegas, dinner at PF Changs (HEAVENLY), a fruit smoothie and bagel for breakfast, and lots of candy on the way home, we consumed a ridiculous amount of food.

But something frightening happened on our way home from Vegas today. I don't know how it happened, and I don't know exactly when it happened, but I know it happened......we entered a black hole.

We were in some kind of time warp where time did not exist. There was no beginning and there was no end. By all observations our automobile was moving. We could hear the engine running and we could see the desert and weeds going by, but we were going nowhere. Somehow a drive that should take a few hours felt like it lasted at least 31 hours. It was excruciating.

We were fortunate to eventually escape the black hole and arrive home. I pray that this terrifying event won't happen next time we travel.

No comments: