Monday, June 1, 2009

Chance Meeting With NBA's Finest

I arrived at the holy grail of Utah Jazz fans on Memorial Day. I stumbled upon this chance meeting at the most unlikely of places…….Wal-Mart.

I walked in the store and happened to glance over at the deli section to see my NBA hero – Deron Williams!!! Seriously. In the Hurricane Wal-Mart!

I resisted my urge to be giddy as a school girl and tell him that I’m his biggest fan, and that I only missed two Jazz games last season, and that I LOVE when he schools people on the basketball court, and that he’s an excellent dribbler, and I assume he’s a noble member of the community, and I’m sure he has a witty sense of humor, and then ask him if he could autograph my chest.

Instead I pulled out my cell phone and asked if I could get a picture with him. It appeared that I was the only person who realized that DERON WILLIAMS WAS AT WAL-MART. Either 1) they didn’t realize that they were in the midst of basketball greatness, or 2) they weren’t as brave (aka nerdy) as me to go up and say hello.

Here is the prized photograph from our meeting.

3 comments:

Dansie Family said...

that is rad! what was he doing in hurricane? and i may have to change my promise to never step foot in that walmart if i may chance to meet a great like that. this reminds me of when i met one of the players (bench players) of the 1997 arizona wildcat national championship team at sweet tomatoes. My mom got his attention and made him come over and give me his autograph. i was a mortified 17 year old.

Jen said...

Congratulations! Nerd! Just kidding. At least you recognized him, which is more than I would have done. Maybe if it were Shannon Hale, my favorite children's author.

Tom said...

That's not Deron Williams. It's Chris Rock.

Still, pretty cool.