Thursday, June 25, 2009

Falling Off The Wagon

One of the miracles that has accomanied my running has been the decrease in my desire to eat junk food. It hasn't gone away completely, but I definitely eat less than I used to. Anyone who knows me well can attest to the fact that me not craving sweets truly is a miracle. I used to eat candy bars like I'd just been sent home from Survivor after 40 days.

That being said, I fell off the healthy wagon Tuesday night. On the way to a baseball game, I stopped and bought a box of Hostess Crumb Donuts. And this is what happened........


Ah, the sweet, artery-clogging, diabetes-causing, scrumptious morsels of sugary goodness.
Before you attack my self-control, let me defend myself by saying I didn't eat the whole box. Jackson ate two of the donuts. I topped these off with a can of Diet Mountain Dew. The entire experience was glorious.

2 comments:

Tink said...

I have the same problem. I have a sweet tooth like no other...actually I think every one of my teeth are a sweet tooth. So the sweet cravings are amplified by 26 or however many teeth I have in my mouth!!!! Get back on that wagon and maybe you can drag me behind with a rope!

Dansie Family said...

at least it was diet.