Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Some Good New Music

Here are a few new albums you definitely want to check out at iTunes (or click on the picture for a link to Amazon):

"City of Black & White" by Mat Kearney. Each of the 12 songs on here are really good. On his first CD "Nothing Left To Lose", half the songs are brilliant and half are complete garbage. There is much more consistency on this CD. Favorites are "Closer To Love" and "Lifeline". There is no "spoken word" stuff on this one like the first album. I've had the songs stuck in my head since I bought the CD a few weeks ago for $7.99.



"The Fray" by....The Fray. I didn't give this CD a fair shake at first. I dismissed it because I knew there was no way it could possibly be even close to as good as their first CD "How To Save A Life". A few weeks later I heard the song "Happiness" from this CD (not as cheery as you'd think) and realized I may have missed something.

Since then I've listened to it lots. And I think the impossible happened - they made this CD better than their first. If I hired a band to make a CD of exactly the kind of music I like, it would have turned out like this CD.

No comments: