Wednesday, June 25, 2008

America's Got Talent

I happened to switch to the TV show America's Got Talent last night which made me frightened for our nation's future. The judges consist of a Simon Cowell wannabe, Sharon Osbourne (is this really the best judge the show could find???), and, wait for it, Mr Knight Rider himself, David Hasselhoff. I would swear that my lawn hose could make more intelligent critiques of "talent" than David, or "The Hoff", as he affectionately refers to himself.

I saw one of the preliminary shows, where anyone off the street can show their "talent" and the "judges" say whether or not they'd like to see the "performer" move on in the competition. The particular "talent" I saw was a man breaking a bunch of bricks that were on fire. Following the performance, the The Hoff said "I'd like to have you come back! I want to see what other tricks you have up your sleeve!"

That got me to thinking what other tricks a flaming brick breaker could have. I mean, is he going to break wood that is on fire? Or is he going to break bricks that are blue instead of grey? I can't help but think that this guy's act isn't too versatile.

I wasted ten minutes of my life that I will never get back when I watched part of this show. And for wasting that much time, I'm just as much a fool as The Hoff.

1 comment:

Dansie Family said...

the good thing about summer is i don;t feel bad about missing tv shows. i'll just wait for the next survivor.