Friday, June 6, 2008

We're Going Dirting

We have someone in our neighborhood who is positively obsessive-compulsive about standing in his yard wearing suspenders and watering his lawn......and sidewalk, and street in front of his house. Suspender Guy, as he shall now be known, waters his lawn, sidewalk, street, and driveway from the moment he gets home until the sun goes down. His lawn, and sidewalk, and street look fantastic.

In my adolescent years my friends and I loved to go toilet papering (the adolescent years when toilet papering was cool. Not to be confused with the adolescent years when toilet papering was not cool).

As I walked past Suspender Guy's house this morning I thought about how fun it would be to "dirt" his house in the middle of the night. We could take over a few 5 gallon buckets full of dirt and throw it on his sidewalk and driveway. I could see him making the discovery in the morning and being livid, cursing today's youth and their destructive ways. I'm almost positive that dirting would be just as fun as toilet papering, and a lot easier on the wallet. When the wife and I are looking for some good "clean" fun, we may just go dirting.

No comments: