Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cello with Steven Sharp Nelson


So I went up to Salt Lake a few days ago to work with Steven Sharp Nelson on recording cello for the new album. I had sent Steve the piano tracks around a month ago for him to start listening to. Partly due to his preparation, but mostly due to the fact that he is a pure musical genius, we were able to get all the cello stuff recorded in one day.


Because of logistics, I had originally done some recording with another cello player for the new CD. The music just didn't have the feel I was looking for, and Steve has a real sense for the feel of my music. I ended up scrapping all the cello stuff I had recorded previously.


I'm very excited about how the album is turning out. Keep your eye here for updates on final stages of the album, including songs and an album cover.

1 comment:

Reese Gang said...

Just for the sake to be right, I told Cory he wouldn't be happy if he didn't use Steve. I've got your back.