Thursday, August 14, 2008

My $5 Magnet

I was up in Park City last weekend and we stopped at a little book store to buy a souvenir for the kids. I found one for myself too: a $5 magnet. You may think I may need to wipe the "SUCKER" sign off my forehead for buying a $5 magnet. It had a cool quote on it though so I didn't feel bad pulling out my wallet.

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars...
-Jack Kerouac

This doesn't describe who I am, but who I'm trying to be. Instead of what he described, I'm often mad to sleep, or mad to eat junk food. I'll work on this though. It's a darn good thing I have a $5 magnet to remind me what I'm shooting for.

No comments: